1. College Football AP rankings after week one: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Georgia 4. Ohio State 5. Wisconsin. USC dropped to 17.
2. Former USC quarterback Sam Darnold has been named the starting quarterback of the New York Jets.
3. Luol Deng agreed to give back $7.5 million in his contract buyout with the Lakers.
4. Ryan Howard, who spent 13 years with the Philadelphia Phillies, announced his retirement. Howard finished with 382 home runs and 1,194 RBIs.
5. Monday Night Football schedule, September 10: New York Jets at Detroit Lions 4:10 P.M. PT; Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders 7:15 P.M. ESPN.
6. Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig lost his appeal of a two game suspension and sat out Tuesday night’s game against the New York Mets. He will also be out Wednesday night.
7. Nike’s new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.
8. Workman quarterback Ike Udengwu has thrown for 782 yards and rushed for 342 yards in three games. The Lobos are 1-2.
9. Ganesha RB Zaquand Irby update: 98-854 yards, 8 TD, 3 games.
10. The Muir-Stellar Prep game in Oakland last Friday night ended in a brawl with the Mustangs leading 29-6. There is still no decision from CIF as to whether or not Muir will face a suspension.