1. The Angels fired manager Brad Ausmus after just one year. Joe Maddon, who just finished a five-year run as the manager of the Chicago Cubs, is considered the frontrunner to take over.
2. Rams at Seattle Seahawks, Thursday night, 5:20 p.m.
3. “You know how I feel about Thursday night games. I feel like they are the dumbest thing ever.” – Rams RB Todd Gurley.
4. The Washington Nationals beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 Tuesday night in the NL Wild Card game. They will now face the Dodgers in a best of five series.
5. Oakland Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict was suspended for the rest of the season after a helmet to helmet hit on Indianapolis Colts tight end Jack Doyle.
6. The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Cincinnati Bengals 27-3 on Monday Night Football.
7. College Football AP Top 5: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Georgia 4. Ohio State 5. LSU.
8. Clippers forward Kawhi Leonard was booed when introduced at the Rams game at the Coliseum Sunday.
9. San Dimas at Northview at Covina District Field, Friday night 7:00 p.m.
10. A vendor at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium, the Dolphins home field, was arrested after charging a fan $724.00 for two beers.