1. The Boston Red Sox have agreed to trade outfielder Mookie Betts and starter David Price to the Dodgers according to reports. The Minnesota Twins are the third team in the blockbuster deal that includes outfielder Alex Verdugo and pitcher Kenta Maeda. The Dodgers then traded outfielder Joc Pederson to the Angels for infielder Luis Rengifo.
2. Former MVS editor Joe Torosian picked the Kansas City Chiefs to beat the San Francisco 49ers 31-20 in Super Bowl LIV posting it on Facebook at 2:56 p.m. PT Sunday February 2nd.
3. Mark Dantonio has stepped down as the head football coach at Michigan State.
4. The New York Knicks have parted ways with team President Steve Mills.
5. Arroyo (0-10 in MVL) at South El Monte (11-0 in MVL) Friday night, 6:30 p.m.
6. La Canada head coach Tom Hofman won his 750th career game as the Spartans beat Blair 70-35 Tuesday night. La Canada (9-0 in the Rio Hondo) will try to run the table Friday night at Temple City.
7. The LA Chargers extended head coach Anthony Lynn beyond the 2020 season.
8. On this day in 2017 Tom Brady led the New England Patriots back from a 28-3 deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in Super Bowl LI.
9. Hall of Fame slugger Henry Aaron turns 86 today.
10. “I never smile when I have a bat in my hands. That’s when you’ve got to be serious.” – Henry Aaron.