1. “I said Kobe, there is no I in team. And Kobe said I know but there’s an ME in that Mother DELETED.” – Shaquille O’Neal speaking at the memorial service for Kobe Bryant Monday at Staples Center.
2. The Azusa Pacific Men’s basketball team clinched the PacWest Conference championship with an 87-62 win over Holy Names Monday night. It’s APU’s first outright conference championship since 2006.
3. “And now he got me. And now I’m going to see another crying meme for the next…” Michael Jordan speaking about Kobe Bryant at the memorial service Monday.
4. “I’m considering retirement after being informed the football will be slipping out of my tiny hands. Please keep me in your thoughts.” – LSU quarterback Joe Burrow on Twitter.
5. Former Pasadena star Bryce Hamilton of UNLV was named Mountain West player of the week for the second time averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds in the Rebels two wins over Colorado State and San Diego State.
6. LA Wildcats head coach Winston Moss received a Gatorade shower after a 39-9 win over the DC Defenders Sunday. The Wildcats are 1-2.
7. The Dallas Cowboys have still not signed quarterback Dak Prescott to a contract extension and may use the franchise tag on him.
8. Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve was booed and hit by a pitch in his spring training debut.
9. Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards became the first player since Kobe Bryant to score 50 points in back to back games when he dropped 55 in a 137-134 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks Monday night. He had 53 in a loss to Chicago Sunday. Bryant did it March 22-23, 2007 which was the final two games of a historic four-game streak of scoring 50 or more points.
10. On this day in 1989 the Dallas Cowboys fired head coach Tom Landry after a 29-year career.