1. The Cincinnati Bengals released quarterback Andy Dalton after nine years with the team.
2. The Little League World Series was canceled due to coronavirus.
3. “As soon as it’s safe we would like to finish our season. I’m ready and our team is ready. Nobody should be canceling anything.” – LeBron James.
4. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said that starting the 2020-’21 season as late as December would be considered as an option as the league is still looking at ways to finish this season and starting the next one.
5. Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller, who announced on April 16 that he had tested positive for coronavirus, tweeted on Thursday that he was now negative for the virus.
6. Wake Forest, which fired Danny Manning as its head basketball coach last Saturday after six seasons, hired former East Tennessee coach Steve Forbes as its new head coach.
7. The Miami Dolphins waived defensive end Taco Charlton Thursday. Charlton was drafted in the first round by the Dallas Cowboys in 2017.
8. Sierra Vista football coach Sergio Villasenor remains hospitalized and is waiting possible heart surgery.
9. On this day in 1891 legendary pitcher Cy Young won his first game at Cleveland’s League Park as the Cleveland Spiders beat the Cincinnati Redlegs 12-3.
10. “I walk in and practically the whole team was in there. And it was like, things I’ve never seen in my life, you know as a young kid. You got your lines over you here, you got your weed smokers over here, you got your women over here. So the first thing I said. “Look man, I’m out.” – Michael Jordan #TheLastDance.