1. Steven Rivera (QB/SS/P): Only skill guy that I’ve coached that could be at the top of any list on either side of the ball. I’ve never seen anyone effect the game the way he did in all 3 phases in every week. He was also a Punter. 4yr starter, 4x All MVL, 3x MVL MVP, 3x All CIF. In 4 consecutive plays in 2011 he went: TD run, forced a fumble, TD Pass & Int.
2. Ronnie Williams (TE/LB): Most physically gifted player I’ve coached. Helluva TE & one of the best LB’s I’ve ever seen. Has every League, CIF & SGV award there is. All State 04’. Should have given him my stipend because he ran that 04’ team. Gave us an edge we needed & made a staff of young coaches more successful than their ability probably dictated.
3. Javier Lozano (OL/DL): Only player in our CIF division to be selected All CIF both ways. To this day the most dominant linemen on either side of the ball that I have ever coached & one of the best DL I’ve seen. 2x MVL Linemen of the Year, All CIF. 6’3/230 one of the few guys we’ve had that was not only tough but physically dominant as well.
4. Sergio Leon (WR/DB/PK): Three time three way All MVL, three time All CIF & All Valley. At one time held 14 team records on Offense, Defense & Special Teams. Had speed we don’t usually see & combined with his size he was usually the best athlete on the field every week.
5. Ernesto Camacho (QB) Three time MVL MVP, or Back of the Year. CIF MVP, All SGV. He has checked just about every box one can check in HS. For us (me & Coach Mac) there is little or no difference between #5-#10 in terms of production, accolades, etc. One thing this kid adds is the ring. For us to go 10-0 and win CIF once we put him in as starting QB gives him the nod. He did things at qb during that stretch we haven’t seen done before. We don’t get a ring if he wasn’t behind Center.
Ron Hillman (Ath, La Habra)
JT Shrout (QB, Hart)
Trent Irwin (WR, Hart)
Ikenna Ike (DT, Walnut)
Jesse Collier (RB, Warren)