(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in the TEN)
1. Virginia Coach Tony Bennett signs a new seven-year deal.
2. Spurs’ guard Tony Parker is scheduled to play in Game 1 of the NBA Finals Thursday.
3. Knicks’ President Phil Jackson is fined $25,000 by the NBA for a tampering violation involving veteran guard Derek Fisher.
4. “Hey Thanks. We appreciate it but no more throws. Really, no more throws. Thanks for coming out.” – an LA KISS coach to a quarterback about halfway through the QB drills at the open tryout Sunday.
5. Whittier running back Eddie Orta 2013 stats, junior year: 163-744 yards, 9 TD.
6. Rowland running back Jackie Zhang 2013 stats, junior year: 46-533 yards, 11.59 avg. per carry, 3 TD.
7. Dodgers lose to the White Sox 4-1- their fifth loss in the last seven games.
8. West Covina MLB Damian Ibarra 2013 stats, junior year: 54 tackles, 45 assisted, 99 total.
9. Happy Birthday to former Angel outfielder Darin Erstad who turns 40 today.
10. On this day in 1974 during Ten-Cent Beer Night at Cleveland’s Municipal Stadium unruly fans storm the field in the bottom of the ninth inning with the score tied 5-5 causing the game to be forfeited to the Texas Rangers. Texas rightfielder Jeff Burroughs tries to fight off several fans as players from both teams try to rescue him. Umpires declare the game a forfeit when security personnel are unable to clear the field.