(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Brazil-Germany on ESPN at 1p.m.
2. Mid Valley birthday wishes to Downey running back Justin Huff.
3. Los Angeles Dodgers 1 game up on the Giants in the National League West.
4. La Canada non-league opponents: at Verbum Dei, Alhambra, at Glendale, at Crescenta Valley, Rio Hondo Prep.
5. Channing Frye signs a four-year, $32 million deal with the Orlando Magic.
6. Kasey Hayes wins PBR-Velocity Tour in Carson over the weekend.
7. La Salle non-league opponents: Compton, at Pasadena, Bishop Diego, at Maranatha, Duarte.
8. LA Galaxy player Robbie Keane turns 34 today.
9. 23 years ago today, Major League umpire Steve Palermo and former NFL defensive lineman Terence Mann were shot trying to help 2 waitresses that were being being robbed.
10. “The problem with winter sports is that — follow me closely here — they generally take place in winter.” – Dave Barry.