(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. A jury finds the Dodgers negligent in the Bryan Stow beating case awarding damages of nearly $18 million. The Dodgers however are only responsible for about a quarter of that sum with the rest of the responsibility split between the two men who beat Stow on opening day, 2011.
2. Argentina beats the Netherlands on penalty kicks and will face Germany in the World Cup Final on Sunday.
3. Aram Tolegian of the San Gabriel Valley Tribune is reporting that Nogales has hired former La Habra assistant Ruben Salazar as its new head coach.
4. Gregg Popovich agrees to a multi-year extension to continue to coach the San Antonio Spurs.
5. “Looks like he might be better suited to put his hand on the ground. He and Aram can dominate one side of the line.” – MVS commenter SGV on the story about MVS Editor/QB prospect Joe Torosian.
6. USC freshman defensive lineman Kenny Bigelow suffered a knee injury in a voluntary player workout and is out for the year.
7. The Sunkist League in the Central Division: Summit, Fontana, Bloomington, Colton, Kaiser, Grand Terrace.
8. The Palomares League in the Central Division: South Hills, Glendora, Ayala, Bonita, Claremont, Diamond Bar.
9. South Hills DB Jesse Garcia 2013 stats, junior year: 33 tackles, 31 assisted, 64 total.
10. San Dimas, Paraclete, Montebello and La Serna throw today at San Dimas.