(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Byron Scott is officially introduced as the head coach of the Lakers Tuesday with Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Jamaal Wilkes joining GM Mitch Kupchak to greet him.
2. Landon Donovan gets an assist and a goal to lead the Galaxy to a 3-0 win over the Western Conference leading Seattle Sounders Monday night.
3. Arcadia is getting new turf on its football field and it should be ready to go when the Apaches return for camp in early August. The original turf was installed in 2005.
4. Former sports talk radio host and current free lance sports writer Joe McDonnell, says he was told by a Dodger executive that the Dodgers are “doing their best” to move Matt Kemp with Boston and Philadelphia as possible destinations.
5. Time Warner Cable is willing to let an arbitrator determine a fair price for SportsNet LA to try to resolve its dispute with DirecTV and other pay-TV providers over distribution of the Dodgers-owned channel.
6. A massive water main break on Sunset Boulevard near the campus of UCLA late Tuesday afternoon has caused estimated millions of dollars of damage to Pauley Pavilion and Drake Stadium.
7. Vin Scully will be back in 2015.
8. ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith is suspended for one week due to comments he made on “First Take” regarding Ray Rice and domestic violence.
9. Happy Birthday to former Redskins’ linebacker/Actor Terry Crews who turns 46 today.
10. “I don’t think LA has gone to the Clippers yet anyway. This is still a Laker town. Period.” – Byron Scott.