(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Denver Bronco wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended for four games for use of amphetamines sources told ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter.
2. Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay is suspended six games and fined $500,000 after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor count of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
3. The Astros fire manager Bo Porter in his second season on the job.
4. Baldwin Park receiver Raymen Barraza wins the “Best in Zero Week Poll.”
5. Paramount quarterback Cassh Maluia scored five touchdowns in a 35-34 win over Long Beach Wilson.
6. “@ Peterson You obviously have no respect for CV but that’s okay, you’ll have plenty of time to jump on the bandwagon later. Cathedral, La Salle both belong above Salesian and La Salle??? What are you thinking?” – Falcon – MVS commenter.
7. La Salle at Pasadena Friday night, 7:00 pm. Last Year: La Salle 28 Pasadena 0.
8. “Muir won’t make the playoffs this year without a QB. It would be Burbank, CV and Pasadena. @T. Peterson: Yes Sir, I do! (think Pasadena beats Muir in the Turkey Tussle.)” – My Two Cents – MVS commenter.
9. Cal running back Nathan Lowden rushed for 160 yards and also had 52 yards and two touchdowns receiving in the Condors 26-24 win over Gahr. It was a successful debut for Cal HC Kyle Trudell.
10. Happy Birthday to former Tennessee Titan Jevon “The Freak” Kearse who turns 38 today.