It’s early. We’re only a week in but we’ve been able to get a read on some teams. St. Francis won the Arcadia Elks Tournament but they had to beat Steve Gewecke’s Alhambra team in the final. Arcadia knocked off Temple City early in the tourney behind senior hurler Garrett Tuck. South Hills advanced to the Final in the Don Lugo Tourney before falling to Chino Hills. El Rancho is undefeated after four games. If you have any thoughts, rants, raves or baseball scoop e mail Tim at email@example.com.
1. St. Francis (5-0) – Ethan Bramschreiber: Remember the name.
2. South Hills (5-1) – Sophomore Tyler France leads the Huskie offense.
3. Alhambra (4-1) – Gewecke always has the Moors in the mix.
4. Arcadia (4-1) – With Tuck and Jonathan Larsen, Apaches have experience.
5. Monrovia (4-1) – Big Aaron Murphee anchors a solid staff.
6. Charter Oak (2-2 – Chargers get an early win over defending champ Northview.
7. El Rancho (4-0) – Joe Sanchez hitting .500 through first four games.
8. Pasadena (3-1) – Mike Parisi has PHS playing well.
9. Northview (1-2-1) – Defending champs get CO, Glendora early.
10. La Canada (4-1) Spartans go undefeated at Southern Cal Invitational.
11. San Dimas (2-2) – Justin Winrow, remember him? has two bombs already.
12. Crescenta Valley (2-1) – Phil Torres likes Falcons chances.
13. Bonita (1-2-1) – Bearcats fell to CV 2-1 last week.
14. Bell Gardens (2-0) – Lancers can compete but are they good enough to beat Moors?
15. Temple City (2-3) – Calvin Copping is just one of many good young arms.
16. Gladstone (2-0) – Gladiators are perennial favorites in the Montview.
17. Walnut (2-1-1) – Mustangs need to find a way to get by South Hills, WC.
18. Wilson (4-1) – Lit up the scoreboard for 25 runs in a rout of Workman.
19. South Pasadena (3-1) – Tigers surprise with big wins over Gabby, Sierra Vista.
20. West Covina (3-1) – Racked up 16 runs vs. Pioneer.