1. Jordan Spieth shoots a 6-under 66 for a two shot lead after the first round of the Masters.
2. Sergio Garcia put five balls in the water, and made the worst score at the 15th hole in the history of the Masters with a 13.
3. Tim Tebow belted a three-run home run on the first pitch he saw in Double A Thursday night for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
4. Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving is out for the season after undergoing surgery on his left knee.
5. James McAlister, who along with Kermit Johnson formed the famous “Blair Pair” football duo, passed away last week at the age of 66. McAlister and Johnson, both running backs, combined for nearly 4000 yards and led the Vikings to a 13-0 record and their only CIF Championship in 1969. McAlister and Johnson both went on to play at UCLA.
6. The Baltimore Ravens signed quarterback Robert Griffin III to a one-year contract.
7. The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks have clinched playoff spots.
8. The Utah Jazz routed the Clippers 117-95 Thursday night. The Clippers would have to win their last four games and have New Orleans lose three of its last four to make the playoffs.
9. UFC fighter Conor McGregor is in custody at the NYPD’s 78th precinct and is expected to be charged with assault after an incident in Brooklyn.
10. Former major league and Hall of Fame pitcher Bert Blyleven turns 67 today.