1. Farleigh Dickinson beat Prairie View A&M 82-76 in the play-in game to open the NCAA Tournament. For Farleigh Dickinson it was the first NCAA Tournament win in school history.
2. The Angels are set to sign center fielder Mike Trout to a 12-year, $430 million contract extension. It is the largest contract in professional sports history.
3. The Rams signed quarterback Blake Bortles to a one-year deal to back up Jared Goff on Monday and agreed to a two-year deal with former Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews Tuesday.
4. The Dallas Cowboys signed receiver Randall Cobb to a one-year, $5 million deal.
5. Former Heisman Trophy winner/Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel signed with the Memphis Express of the Alliance of American Football League.
6. Gladstone baseball is 9-0 overall (6-0 in the Montview League).
7. Gladstone’s Andrew Amezquita is hitting .455 to lead the Montview League.
8. Justin Lopez of South El Monte leads the Mission Valley League with an average of .414, 1 HR, 2 doubles and a triple.
9. St. Joseph’s fired head basketball coach Phil Martelli after a 34-year run, 24 as HC and 10 as an assistant. St. Joe’s finished below .500 in each of the last three seasons.
10. Pat Riley, the head coach of the Lakers during the “Showtime” era, turns 74 today.