1. Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said Kevin Durant is out for Game 3 of the NBA Finals and Klay Thompson is questionable.
2. Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL in a game Monday night against San Diego and is out for the season.
3. The New England Patriots released tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins on the first day of camp.
4. Linebacker NaVorro Bowman will retire as a San Francisco 49er after eight years in the league. Bowman last played in the NFL in 2017 with the Oakland Raiders after spending the first seven years of his career with San Francisco.
5. The Lakers are set to hire former Memphis Grizzlies HC Lionel Hollins as an assistant coach.
6. The Dodgers were 42-19 and 9.5 games ahead of the second place Colorado Rockies heading into Tuesday night’s action.
7. The Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues are tied 2-2 in the Stanley Cup Finals. Game 5 is Thursday night in Boston.
8. Former La Salle Lancer Kinsley Washington’s walk off RBI single to left field lifted UCLA to a 5-4 win over Oklahoma and the Bruins 12th softball national championship.
9. On this day in 1977 the Portland Trail Blazers knocked off the Philadelphia 76ers 109-107 to wrap up the NBA Finals in six games. Portland center Bill Walton was named MVP.
10. “I’ve had 36 orthopedic operations, have two fused ankles, my knees, hands and wrists don’t work, I now have a fused spine, other than that, everything is great.” – Bill Walton.