1. The San Diego Padres Manny Machado got a one-game suspension for making contact with an umpire during a game last Saturday night against the Colorado Rockies. The Major League Umpire’s Association called the suspension a disgrace.
2. Washington Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer broke his nose when took a ball off his face during batting practice on Tuesday.
3. Boston Celtics center Al Horford will decline to exercise his $30.1 million option for the 2019-’20 season and become an unrestricted free agent.
4. Sacramento Kings forward Harrison Barnes will decline his $25.1 million option for next season and will also become an unrestricted free agent.
5. According to Yahoo Sports Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul is demanding a trade as his relationship with James Harden is “unsalvageable”.
6. “I would lay money that he (Nin Burns II) is not taking Cade Miller’s job at DR (Diamond Ranch).” – Colt74 on Twitter.
7. On this day in 2000 the Lakers beat the Indiana Pacers to wrap up the NBA championship in six games. Shaquille O’Neal is named MVP.
8. Former Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki turns 41 today.
9. Brazilian Women’s soccer player Marta has scored more World Cup goals (17) than anybody in the history of the men’s or women’s game.
10. “I came up with my own ‘Dream Shake’ I guess – the white version.” – Dirk Nowitzki.