1. New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold has been diagnosed with mononucleosis and could be out several weeks. Trevor Siemian will take over as the starter.
2. USC True Freshman quarterback Kedon Slovis.
3. Britney Taylor, New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown’s former trainer, filed a lawsuit in Florida accusing Brown of sexually assaulting her on three occasions.
4. LeBron James’ attempt to trademark the term “Taco Tuesday” has been denied.
5. Angels’ two-way player Shoehei Ohtani will undergo season ending surgery for a condition in his left knee.
6. LA Chargers tight end Hunter Henry fractured his left knee and is expected to be out four to six weeks.
7. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Carolina Panthers 20-14 on Thursday Night Football.
8. New Orleans Saints at Rams, Sunday 1:25 p.m. FOX.; Chargers at Detroit Lions, Sunday 10:00 a.m. CBS.
9. La Serna quarterback Andrew Henriquez has thrown for 667 yards and 12 touchdowns in the first three games.
10. On this day in 1991 Joe Carter became the first player ever to have three consecutive 100 RBI season with three different teams (Indians, Padres, Blue Jays).