(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Steph Curry and Kevin Durant combine for 65 points in the Warriors 132-113 win over the Cavaliers in game 2 of the NBA Finals.
2. Albert Puljos reached the 600 home run mark in style Saturday night hitting a grand slam against the Minnesota Twins.
3. APU’s Pablo O’Connor was selected at the PacWest Conference Player of the Year and was selected as a finalist for the NCAA Divsion II Player of the Year. O’Connor hit .392 with 19 home runs and 65 RBI’s.
4. The LA Galaxy are unbeaten in their last six games that includes three wins and three draws.
5. Hank Williams Jr. and “Are you ready for some football” will be returning to Monday Nigh Football on the MNF season opener September 11th.
6. Happy Birthday to the “Suave one” Matt Lopez who turned the big 3-0 on Sunday.
7. Miami’s Edinson Volquez pitched the first no-hitter of 2017 season Saturday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
8. On this day in 1977 the Dodgers retire Walter Alston’s number 24.
9. The Nashville Predators beat the Penguins 5-1 to get their first win in the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals.
10. “Look at misfortune the same way you look at success. Don’t panic! Do your best and forget the consequences.” Walt Alston