1. LeBron James became the youngest player in NBA history at 33 years and 104 days to score 30,000 points in his career in Cleveland’s 114-102 loss to San Antonio Tuesday night.
2. Chris Williams, Daniel Al Gattas, James Heggins and Joe Fuller have all been the head football coach at Baldwin Park since 2013. The Braves next HC will be the school’s fifth in six years.
3. The New England Patriots choose to wear their road white jerseys for the Super Bowl.
4. The New York Giants hire former Minnesota Vikings OC Pat Shurmur as their new head coach.
5. Todd Haley, who was fired as the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offensive coordinator, is named the OC for the Cleveland Browns.
6. The Milwaukee Bucks fired HC Jason Kidd. The Bucks are currently 24-22 and seventh in the Eastern Conference.
7. “Mike Mooney was beating Monrovia in their prime while at Temple City. point period exclamation point The man can flat out coach football. Head coach or OC someone will reap the rewards of hiring him. Hes proven it everywhere hes been.” – MVS Commenter “TheNotoriousOne”.
8. On this date in 1982 the San Francisco 49ers beat the Cincinnati Bengals 26-21 in Super Bowl XVI. Joe Montana is named MVP.
9. Former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Rob Dibble turns 54 today.
10 “Some guys practice like all-Americans but they can’t play!”- Joe Montana