(The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
- The Golden State Warriors take a 2-0 NBA finals lead over the Cleveland Cavaliers with a 122-103 win with Steph Curry hitting a record setting nine three-pointers.
- The Dodgers have won three straight and 7 of their last 10 to move to within 2.5 games of the first place Diamondbacks.
- Happy Birthday to Temple City alum the “Suave One” Matt Lopez.
- Max Blessinger’s fourth inning double that scored three runs and gave Maranatha the 4-2 lead in the CIF Division III Championship game against La Salle.
- The LA Galaxy traveled to Portland Saturday and earned a 1-1 draw with the Timbers on a Chris Pontius goal in the 20th minute.
- Johnny Manziel made his preseason debut Friday with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats completing nine of 11 passes for 80 yards against the Toronto Argonauts.
- Packer linebacker Clay Matthews took a line drive to the face and suffered a broken nose that will require surgery in the annual Green Bay charity softball game.
8. On this day in 1964 Sandy Koufax pitched his third no-hitter beating the Phillies 3-0.
- The Washington Capitals will look to extend their lead in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals at home tonight against the Golden Knights.
- “A guy that throws what he intends to throw, that’s the definition of a good pitcher.” Sandy Koufax