(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
- After taking 3 of 4 from the Cardinals over the weekend, the Dodgers remain ½ game back of the Rockies going into a 3-game series with Colorado beginning tonight.
- Texas Tech quarterback Alex Bowman was 43 of 59 for 605-yards and five touchdowns in the Red Raiders’ 63-49 win over Houston.
- APU’s Weston Carr had nine catches for 153-yards and three touchdowns in the Cougars’ win over Western Oregon.
- Buffalo Bill corner back Vontae Davis decides to retire from the NFL at halftime of Sunday’s game against the Chargers.
- Dwyane Wade will return for his 16th and per Wade, his final season, with the Miami Heat.
- USC placekicker Chase McGrath is out for the season with a torn ACL suffered in Saturday’s loss to Texas.
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic recorded his 500th career goal in the LA Galaxy’s 5-3 loss to Toronto FC. The Galaxy are now six points out of the final playoff spot with five matches remaining.
- On this day in 1947 Jackie Robinson is named Rookie of the Year by the Sporting News.
- Warren @ La Serna Friday night at 7pm at Cal High School.
- “Life is not a spectator sport. If you’re going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you’re wasting your life.” Jackie Robinson