1. Oakland Raiders receiver Antonio Brown will be suspended by the team after an exchange with Raider GM Mike Mayock.
2. The Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears 10-3 to kick off the 2019 NFL season.
3. Sierra Vista junior O-lineman Anthony Rosas has received offers from Auburn, Kansas and Colorado. Rosas is 6’4″, 270 pounds.
4. In the Dodgers 7-3 win over the Colorado Rockies Wednesday night they surpassed the National league mark for home runs in season. The Dodgers have now hit 250. The Minnesota Twins last Saturday set the all-time mark with 267.
5. In the Cincinnati Reds 8-5 win over the Philadelphia Phillies Wednesday night Reds reliever Michael Lorenzen picked up the win, hit a home run and appeared in the outfield, a feat that was last accomplished by Babe Ruth.
6. Home runs at the Triple A level this year have surged 58 % following the switch to major league baseballs.
7. Rams at Carolina Panthers, Sunday 10:00 a.m. FOX; Indianapolis Colts at Chargers, Sunday 1:05 p.m. CBS.
8. Former NFL receiver Willie Gault (Chicago Bears. LA Raiders) turns 59 today.
9. On this day in 1995 Cal Ripken Jr. tied Lou Gehrig’s record of consecutive games played at 2,130.
10. “I didn’t just show up for work, as has sometimes been said. I also showed up to work.” – Cal Ripken Jr.