1. The Philadelphia Eagles beat the Green Bay Packers 34-27 on Thursday night Football.
2. The LA Galaxy clinched a spot in the MLS Playoffs with a 2-1 win over Real Salt Lake Wednesday night.
3. LAFC clinched the MLS Supporter’s Shield with a 3-1 victory over the visiting Houston Dynamo Wednesday night. LAFC’s Carlos Vela scored his league leading 30th goal of the season, two ahead of the Galaxy’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
4. Running back Melvin Gordon ended his holdout after nine weeks and returned to the Chargers.
5. Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma is out indefinitely with a stress reaction in his foot.
6. The Angels would have an interest in hiring manager Joe Maddon if he leaves the Chicago Cubs.
7. Sierra Vista (4-0) will host Garey Friday night.
8. The New York Yankees, Minnesota and Houston have all clinched Division titles in the American League; The Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves have clinched Division titles in the National League.
9. On this day in 1988 Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was disqualified from the Seoul Olympics 100m after he tested positive for the steroid stanozolol. American Carl Lewis was awarded the gold medal and a world record 9.92.
10. Former Philadelphia Phillies third baseman/ Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt turns 70 today.