1. UFC returned Saturday night after an eight week hiatus with UFC 249 in Jacksonville, Florida. The event took place without fans and was the first live sporting event after nearly two months of darkness.
2. “Everybody needs to understand: There will be a high school football season. It will start and end at some point during the 2020-21 school year. Compromises will be made but there WILL BE a season.” – Eric Sondheimer LA Times Prep Sports Editor.
3. “Bobby Andrade was the 2002 RB for Bell Gardens. He was an absolute load to bring down and would never stop pumping his feet. He killed us not once but twice that year.” – MVS Commenter.
4. MLB is exploring the possibility of starting spring training in mid June with the hope of starting the season in early July.
5. ESPN 300 athlete DB/RB Julien Simon from Tacoma, Washington committed to USC.
6. I was shocked he (Michael Jordan) hit .202 and drove in 50 runs. We had a lot of top prospects that didn’t drive in 50 runs.” Jordan’s Double A manager Terry Francona. #TheLastDance.
7. Former USC/Heisman trophy Winner/NFL quarterback Matt Leinart turns 37 today.
8. On this day in 1980 Pete Rose, 39, stole second, third and home for the Philadelphia Phillies in one inning.
9. Former Pasadena/current Maranatha head basketball Tim Tucker turned 60 yesterday May 10.
10. I’d walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball.” – Pete Rose.