1. FedEx, which has naming rights to the stadium in which the Washington Redskins play, made a request Thursday that the team change its nickname.
2. Monrovia football will hit the practice field Monday July 6.
3. The NBA has had a total of 25 players test positive for the coronavirus out of a pool of 351 who have been tested since June 23.
4. The NFL has shortened its 2020 preseason to two games.
5. The New York Mets still pay Bobby Bonilla $1.19 million every July 1 and will continue to do so until 2035.
6. The Lakers signed guard JR Smith for the rest of the season.
7. The Clippers shut down the team’s practice facility after a positive coronavirus test within the traveling party headed to Orlando Florida.
8. On this day in 1970 Clyde Wright threw a no-hitter in the California Angels 4-0 win over the Oakland A’s.
9. Former Angels pitcher Frank Tanana turns 67 today.
10. Texas A & M football was placed on probation for one year and head coach Jimbo Fisher was given a six month show-cause order after he and the program were found to have violated NCAA recruiting and athletic-related activity rules.