It’s late July so yes, there will be changes, yes I probably left out some deserving school out and no it’s not etched in stone. But here it is – the first Mid-Valley Division Top 20 of the football season. Feel free to post comments (clean) and as usual Tim can be reached at email@example.com.
1. Monrovia – Please don’t argue this one; nobody is better right now.
2. Covina – Vinny Venegas leads a boat load of skill players.
3. Arroyo – Steven Rivera has targets in Brandon Jauregui and Hunter Duran.
4. San Dimas – A healthy Shawn Kennedy ready for a full season.
5. Azusa – QB Jake Martinez has been more than impressive.
6. Maranatha – Andrew Elfers; yes he’s legit.
7. San Gabriel – Carlos Purser should wreak some havoc.
8. Village Christian – With Amjed Aboul-hosn Crusaders always a test.
9. Rosemead – A big line and a stingy defense will carry the Mead.
10. Schurr – Edgar Jimenez gets his shot behind center.
11. La Puente – Brandon Roher has Warriors on the winning track.
12. Valley Christian – Can Valley break through in tough Olympic?
13. Alhambra – Mendoza and Moors are ready to bust out.
14. Baldwin Park – Keep an eye on Giovanni Resendez.
15. Whittier Christian – Heralds have a lot of holes to fill.
16. Bell Gardens – Lancers will pound it with Alex Orozco.
17. Temple City – Rams could surprise in Rio.
18. La Canada – Kevin Stoner will be toting the rock.
19. Pomona – Brandon Schrieman and the Red Devils have had a nice summer.
20. El Monte – Brandon Martinez is the new starting quarterback for Lions.