(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Matt LaFleur, who was the quarterbacks coach for the Atlanta Falcons for the last two years, has been named the LA Rams offensive coordinator.
2. Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has been hit with an automatic one-game suspension for his 16th technical foul of he season.
3. Chino Hills sophomore LaMelo Ball scores 92 points Tuesday night in a 146-123 win over Los Osos.
4. USC kicker Matt Boermeester has been suspended for a “code of conduct” issue.
5. Former New York Knicks star Charles Oakley was arrested and charged with three counts of assault following an altercation in the stands at Madison Square Garden Wednesday night during a game with the Clippers.
6. The Lakers are blown out in Detroit 121-102 to fall to 18-37 on the year.
7. “Charles Oakley showed up at the Knicks game with a fighting spirit. Was immediately ejected and arrested, per Knicks code of competition.” – Max Kellerman via Twitter.
8. Azusa Pacific beats Cal State San Bernardino 15-4 Wednesday behind two home runs and five RBI by Pablo O’Connor.
9. Tommie Robinson, among USC’s most effective recruiters and the running backs coach last season, leaves the Trojans for LSU.
10. “I’ll pack Phil’s bags for him.” Long time Knick fan Spike Lee on team president Phil Jackson.