1. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who turns 41 in August, hints on social media that he may retire at age 45.
2. San Francisco Giants closer Hunter Strickland breaks his hand punching a door Monday night after a blown save and is expected to miss six to eight weeks.
3. The Phoenix Suns are expected to take Arizona center Deandre Ayton with the number one pick in the NBA Draft Thursday night.
4. El Monte, Mt. View and Azusa will throw at La Puente Thursday.
5. The High School football season officially begins Thursday August 16.
6. Former NBA guard Nate Robinson says the league gave him depression due to pressure from coaches.
7. Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley agrees to a new five-year, $25 million contract.
8. On his day in 1980 California Angels shortstop Freddie Patek hit 3 home runs and a double in a 20-2 win over the Boston Red Sox. On the same day Roberto Duran won the welterweight title with a unanimous 15 round decision over Sugar Ray Leonard at Olympic Stadium in Montreal.
9. Also on this day in 1994 O.J. Simpson is arraigned on murder of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
10. “Yes, it’s true I once knocked out a horse. It was at a fiesta in my mother’s home town of Guarare. Someone bet me a bottle of whiskey that I couldn’t do it.” – Roberto Duran.