1. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in concussion protocol after sustaining a hit in practice Tuesday.
2. The Chicago Cubs’ Ben Zobrist was ejected for telling home plate umpire Phil Cuzzi that players would prefer electronic umpires.
3. The Seattle Mariners’ Robinson Cano is reinstated after serving an 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement.
4. The LA Clippers don’t renew announcer Bruce Bowen’s contract after he made critical comments about Kawhi Leonard, who the Clippers are targeting in 2019.
5. Covina quarterback Nin Burns II 2017 stats: Passing: 164-254 – 2,2721 Yards, 34 TD, 10 Int. Rushing: 72-472- 4 TD.
6. Northview receiver Damion Thompson 2017 stats, sophomore year: 25-509 yards, 5 TD.
7. Ronald Acuna Jr. of the Atlanta Braves, 20, became the youngest player in major league history to homer in five straight games Acuna has 19 overall and has homered in seven of his last eight games.
8. On this date in 1993 Nolan Ryan won the 324th and final game of his career pitching the Texas Rangers to a 4-1 victory over the Cleveland Indians.
9. Also on this day in 1999 Tiger Woods wins the PGA Championship finishing one stroke ahead of Sergio Garcia.
10. “I think there’s nothing but excuses going on. First, it was, ‘Well I was misdiagnosed.’ Look here: You got $18 million this year, and you think that they’re trying to rush you? You didn’t play for the most part a full season this year. And you’re the go-to guy, you’re the franchise, and you want to say that they didn’t have your best interest at heart? Are you kidding me?” – Bruce Bowen on Kawhi Leonard in an interview with Sirius XM Radio on June 22.