1. New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is retiring after 16 years.
2. The LA Galaxy signed Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez to a three-year deal that will make him the highest paid player in MLS.
3. Kansas’ Silvio De Sousa was hit with a 12 game ban by the Big 12 for his role in the brawl with Kansas State Tuesday night. David McCormack for Kansas also received a two game ban and Kansas State’s James Love was suspended for eight games and Antonio Gordon for three.
4. The New York Mets are set to name Luis Rojas as their new manager. Rojas has been with the Mets organization for 13 years and managed at the Minor League level for the last eight years.
5. MLB has no plans to strip the Houston Astros or the Boston Red Sox of their World Series titles commissioner Rob Manfred said.
6. Zion Williamson scored 22 points including 17 consecutive points in the fourth quarter in his NBA debut for the New Orleans Pelicans Wednesday night in a 121-117 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
7. Gary Kubiak, who was the head coach of the Houston Texans from 2006-2013, was named the OC for the Minnesota Vikings.
8. South El Monte leads the Mission Valley League with a 7-0 record and is 15-7 overall. Arroyo is 0-6 in league and 0-15 overall.
9. Los Altos is 5-0 in the Hacienda and 19-3 overall.
10. Zane Hoegel is averaging 18.6 points per game for Arcadia.