1. Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard will miss Game 5 of the Western Conference Playoff series with the Lakers Wednesday night. The Lakers lead the series 3-1.
2. Paul George scored 35 points to lead the Clippers to a 154-111 rout of the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday night to take a 3-2 lead in their Western Conference Playoff series.
3. The Toronto Raptors are considering not playing in Game 1 against the Boston Celtics Thursday night in the Eastern Conference second round playoff series in response to the shooting of Jacob Blake by police Monday in Wisconsin. The Celtics and the Raptors both swept their first round series.
4. The Philadelphia 76ers fired head coach Brett Brown Monday after they were swept by Boston the first round Eastern Conference series.
5. The Rams and Chargers will open the season in September with no fans in the stands of the new SoFi Stadium.
6. The Arizona Cardinals will make Buddha Baker the highest paid safety in NFL history with a four-year extension worth $59 million.
7. Carlos Vela of LAFC has a Grade 2 MCL injury which will keep him out of action for four to six weeks.
8. The Angels Albert Pujols passed Alex Rodriguez with an RBI single against the Houston Astros Monday night and is now alone in second place on the MLB career RBI list. With 2,087 RBIs Pujols trails only Hank Aaron who has 2,297.
9. Texas Tech has reported 21 active positive cases of COVID-19 within its football program but will continue to practice without those who have been placed in self isolation.
10. Lucas Gioloto threw the first no-hitter of the season for the Chicago White Sox Tuesday night in a 4-0 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates.