(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
- NFC Divisional Playoffs: Philadelphia 38 New York Giants 7, San Francisco 19 Dallas 12.
- AFC Divisional Playoffs: Kansas City 27 Jacksonville 20, Cincinnati 27 Buffalo 10.
- Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes has a high ankle sprain but is expected to play in the AFC Championship game Sunday against Cincinnati.
- Temple beat number one ranked Houston 56-55 Sunday in Men’s college basketball.
- Several members of the Memphis Grizzlies, including Ja Morant and Dillon Brooks, engaged in a shouting match with Pro Football Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe just after the second quarter buzzer in Friday night’s game against the Lakers in Los Angeles.
- Sal Bando, former Oakland A’s All-Star third baseman, who later became GM of the Milwaukee Brewers, passed away Friday at the age of 78.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks High-A affiliate, the Hillsboro Hops, named Ronnie Gajownik as manager. Gajownik becomes the first woman to manage a minor league High-A team.
- Boys Basketball: Pasadena leads the Pacific League with a 9-1 record after a 63-51 win over Glendale Friday night.
- Boys Basketball: La Canada, South Pasadena and San Marino are tied for first in the Rio Hondo League with records of 4-1.
- Blair’s Timmy Anderson leads the Rio Hondo League in scoring with an average of 24.1 points per game.
Leave a Reply