1. The Clippers signed free agent Kawhi Leonard and traded for Paul George. Leonard is signed to a four-year, $142 million contact and George is acquired from Oklahoma City for Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, four unprotected first round picks, one protected first round pick, and two pick swaps.
2. Since the Clippers have signed Leonard, the Lakers have made multiple moves including signing free agents Danny Green to a two-year, $30 million contract and center DeMarcus “Boogie” Cousins for one year. They have also brought back Rajon Rondo, JaVale McGee and Alex Caruso.
3. The U.S Women’s National team beat the Netherlands 2-0 to win the World Cup.
4. In the aftermath of the George trade Russell Westbrook and his agent have discussed the possibility of a trade with Oklahoma City GM Sam Presti.
5. Washington Nationals ace Max Scherzer will miss the All-Star game Tuesday night with a back injury.
6. Former New England Patriot linebacker Tedy Bruschi is recovering after suffering a stroke last Thursday.
7. The Dodgers lost three out of four to the San Diego Padres heading into the All-Star break.
8. The San Antonio Spurs are set to sign free-agent forward Marcus Morris who was with the Boston Celtics the last two years.
9. Former Pittsburgh Steelers/Hall of Fame linebacker Jack Lambert turns 67 today.
10. “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” – Jack Lambert.