1. Antonio Brown signed a one-year, $15 million deal with the New England Patriots after being released by the Oakland Raiders.
2. UCLA fell to 0-2 on the season after a 23-14 loss to San Diego State at the Rose Bowl.
3. Receiver Julio Jones signed a three-year, $66 million extension with the Atlanta Falcons.
4. Minnesota Twins pitcher Michael Pineda (11-5, 4.01 ERA) has been suspended for 60 days for testing positive for a banned diuretic.
5. The Rams kicked off the 2019 season with a 30-27 win over the Carolina Panthers.
6. Former St. Louis Cardinals catcher Chris Duncan, 38, passed away from brain cancer.
7. Gladstone running back Adolfo Torres had eight carries for 215 yards and five touchdowns in the first half Friday night in a 49-10 rout of Mt. View.
8. St. Francis alum Greg Dulcich caught a touchdown pass for UCLA Saturday in the Bruins loss to San Diego State.
9. Arcadia has been outscored 116-13 in its first two games of the season.
10. Los Altos is currently using a two-quarterback system. Justin Gaytan has thrown for 291 yards, 4 touchdowns and an interception in the first three games while David Hacegaba has 193 yards, 2 TDs and an interception.