1. MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said Monday that he is now not confident that there will be a 2020 baseball season due to a lack of dialogue with the players’ association.
2. Denver Nuggets Coach Michael Malone said he had the coronavirus in March but wasn’t told until months later and has now recovered from the virus.
3. Flintridge Prep has changed its nickname from “Rebels” to “Wolves” after school officials deemed Rebels to be a barrier to inclusion in the Flintridge Prep community.
4. The Raiders will host the 2021 Pro Bowl at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on January 31, 2021.
5. Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot is among a handful of players on the Cowboys and the Houston Texans that have tested positive for COVID19 but are apparently asymptomatic.
6. “I do think we will have a season. Will it be abbreviated? I don’t know, that’s up to the guys who get paid the big bucks.” – Northview HC Marcel Perez.
7. On this day in 1994 LAPD chased former USC/NFL running back O.J. Simpson in his white Ford Bronco for an hour and a half before he finally gave up at his Brentwood home.
8. Tennis star Venus Williams turns 40 today.
9. Also on this day in 1992 the Philadelphia 76ers traded forward Charles Barkley to the Phoenix Suns for Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry and Andrew Lang.
10. “If God’s so great why didn’t he give you a better jump shot?” -Charles Barkley to Lakers forward and devout Christian AC Green during a game.