1. Former St. Louis Cardinals great/ Hall of Famer Lou Brock passed away at the age of 81.
2. Former Dodger Matt Kemp hit a two-run home run in the eighth inning to lift the Colorado Rockies to a 7-6 win over the Dodgers Sunday night. The Rockies won two out of three in the series and it was the first series the Dodgers lost this year.
3. The LA Galaxy shut out LAFC 3-0 Sunday night. With the victory the Galaxy is now tied for 4th place in the Western Conference with a record of 4-3-2.
4. The Lakers beat the Houston Rockets 117-109 Sunday night to even the second round Western Conference playoff series at 1-1.
5. The Boston Celtics beat the Toronto Raptors 111-89 Monday to take a 3-2 series lead in the second round Eastern Conference playoff series.
6. Dustin Johnson won the Tour Championship in Atlanta, Georgia finishing 21 under par.
7. Former USC guard Dwight Anderson passed away at the age of 61. Anderson, who transferred to USC from Kentucky, averaged 20 points per game for the Trojans his senior year in 1982 and was named to the All-Pac 10 first team.
8. The Rams will host the Dallas Cowboys this Sunday night at 5:20 p.m. on NBC to kick off the 2020 NFL season.
9. Former UCLA/current NBA star Kevin Love turns 32 today.
10. “I don’t have to steal bases. I steal bases because I want to.” – Lou Brock.