1. The Denver Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Case Keenum to the Washington Redskins for a sixth round pick in the 2020 draft.
2. LeBron James passed Michael Jordan, who had 32,292 points, and moved into fourth place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list in the Lakers loss to the Denver Nuggets Wednesday night. James trails only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kobe Bryant (33,643).
3. Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Seaver has been diagnosed with dementia his family announced on Thursday. Seaver was instrumental in the Miracle Mets run to the World Series title in 1969 winning 25 games and the Cy Young Award.
4. The Milwaukee Bucks are the number one seed in the Eastern Conference at 48-16. The Golden State Warriors are number one in the West at 44-20.
5. The Dodgers have agreed to a one-year, $605,000 contract with Cody Bellinger, a 20,000 raise from last year.
6. Temple City shut out Monrovia 4-0 Tuesday to begin Rio Hondo League play.
7. South El Monte baseball is off to an 0-7 start.
8. On this date in 1971 Joe Frazier beat Muhammad Ali in 15 rounds in a unanimous decision to retain the heavyweight title in a bout that is billed as “Fight of the Century”.
9. Happy Birthday to former NBA star/TNT analyst Kenny Smith who turns 54 today.
10. “Ali always said I would be nothing without him. But what would he have been without me?” – Joe Frazier.