1. Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison said head coach Mike Tomlin gave him an envelope for a hit on Cleveland Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquai in 2010.
2. Former Rams great Eric Dickerson said the Rams new uniforms look “soft”.
3. Former Houston Astros manager Art Howe, 73, is hospitalized in intensive care with the coronavirus.
4. Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Blake Snell says playing this season for a reduced salary, at the risk of contracting the coronavirus, is just not worth it.
5. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said his state is open to professional sports teams that want to resume activity during the coronavirus pandemic.
6. The Cincinnati Reds and the Miami Marlins are both laying off or furloughing staff due to the coronavirus shutdown.
7. The Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets are scheduled to play each other in consecutive games in November with the bye week in between.
8. On this date in 1973 the Angels Nolan Ryan threw his first no hitter in a 3-0 win over the Kansas City Royals.
9. Former Kansas City Royals third baseman/ Hall of Famer George Brett turns 67 today.
10. “If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing you grandmother with her teeth out.” – George Brett.